10/20/10

i love tv.

you know those days where you hate everything about your life but when you actually think about it you're just regretting things you've done or haven't done? well, today is one of those days.

i love tv. i have been watching excessive amounts of it since i was a child. tv shows that i have watched every single episode of, or am in the process of completing, include, but are not limited to:
  • dawson's creek
  • buffy - the vampire slayer
  • angel
  • prison break
  • greek
  • glee
  • bones
  • my name is earl
  • the office
this is a problem when i watch tv instead of doing my homework. i have been known to spend 6 hours (or more) in one day on a show. or sometimes a whole night. i have a problem.

i have a tendency to want to escape my own reality and into a fictional one in form of a tv show. (this is way less emo than it sounds btw.) i become obsessed and am the first to admit it. i will never stop, but i can regulate.

i'm trying something here. and it's bearing my soul and some of my inner secrets to the world (more figuratively than literally, since few of the 6 billion people in the world read this). i will make an action plan for myself. the goal is to reach my fullest potential. this is also my reward and motivation. the plan is called: lene=awesome.

no one is perfect, and they won't be in this life. i am included in this, so i shouldn't expect perfection of myself. if i don't succeed (which is not the same as fail btw) i will simply try again. every week i will post a new personal goal and track my success. only one goal at a time, and a week to try and master it. i can do it. (because i'm a strong, independent woman. - name that movie. (twilight))

goal 1: technology cleansing
i will only watch tv or movies when i have done the work i need to do for the day.
i will only check facebook once a day.

starting now.

1 comment:

  1. found you through Dani's blog :) I too watch insane amounts of television. You should definitely add Friday Night Lights to that list. Honestly my favorite show ever. Netflix streams them all online. You can sign up for one free month. Not that I want you to not meet your technology cleansing goal or anything, but seriously, its the best show. And Tim Riggins is fun to look at too :)

    ReplyDelete