1/29/13

birthday philosophy.

my blog topic reminder list is coming along great. during an insomnia attack the other night i read all of my numerous (not really) posts, and wrote down everything i have previously said i would write about. so, despite my life being fairly uneventful, i still have things to share.

numero uno is my birthday philosophy. it's quite simple: as soon as the new year hits i am that year's age. for instance, during all of 2012 i was either 'turning 26' or '26'. and now, if people ask me how old i am, i say: "i turn 27 this summer." and i identify with 27 now, and not 26.

i discussed this philosophy with my old room mate, sarie, one time, and she operates under the exact same philosophy. it might be more relevant for her, since her birthday is at the beginning of april, and mine is towards the end of june. but. it's how i've always worked.

i realize this will not work for people born in the fall, or at the end of the year; and i am probably right at the cut-off point (mid-year). it might not work for people born in march either. they might cling to their age until the minute before it changes, and that's their business.

but there you have it. my birthday philosophy.




[i realize i might have issues w age, but that's for another post. one more thing added to the blog topic reminder list.]

No comments:

Post a Comment