7/17/11

last 5 years.

i recently turned 25. which made me ponder. here is the result:

the last five years i:
graduated from teenhood
counseled youth at efy (twice)
road-tripped to copenhagen, denmark with my mother in a turquoise car
met up with exchange year siblings in hamburg, germany
visited my friend melanie in vicenza, italy

worked in a clothing store
spent my paycheck on clothes
learned the dangers of a mastercard
attended american college of norway for 6 months
created a facebook account
had my first "serious" relationship
turned 21
did buy alcohol once (for someone else - still, shame on me)
sang on a stage for some 700 people
bought my first laptop
experience shatterage of my first laptop's screen twice (of which only once was my own fault)
bought my second laptop and first macbook
destroyed my second laptop and first macbook with a drop of water
bought my third laptop and second macbook
vowed to keep my third laptop and second macbook for a long time
bought my first i-pod
acquired my second i-pod for free
sold my second i-pod to dani
acquired my third i-pod for also free
fell in love with apple
attended the university of north dakota for 1 semester
crashed too many lame frat parties
saw brad paisley in concert (and taylor swift at the same concert)
rocked some awesome halloween costumes
traveled to canada
moved to provo
started brigham young university
changed my major to elementary education from political science
owned two turtles - clem & skip
watched my first live general conference
ate chicken hearts
worked custodial at helaman hall for 1.5 months
kissed some boys (of which some may have been college football players - just braggin)
drank the rainbow
turned 22
road-tripped from grand forks, north dakota to los angeles, california with my bff, therese
experienced about a million sunburns in high altitude provo, utah (and other places)
shot my first gun
read the twilight books
traveled to forks, washington because i had read the twilight books
hulaed in the buy lu'au with ariel
celebrated my golden birthday (23 on the 23rd)
went to my first rodeo
fell in love with cowboys
got bangs (and ray bans)
taught norwegian at byu
failed my first college class
swooned over boys ii men in concert at the utah state fair
threw some rockin parties
watched many (read: all) of my friends get married
served as a bridesmaid and maid of honor a few times
traveled to north dakota, willingly, in january (because i am such a great friend)
went to my first baseball game
fell in love with baseball players
joined a gang
partied for a whole day when turning 24
enjoyed the best summer ever
fell in love with john mayer's music all over at his concert
traveled to seattle to visit carrie
fell in love with seattle
got endowed
taught 2nd grade for 4 weeks
taught 4th grade for 4 weeks
met some of my best friends
the next five years i will:
road-trip from provo, utah to arlington, virginia with my mother
live in arlington, virginia
student teach in washington d.c.
graduate with a bachelor's in elementary education from byu
visit rome
visit paris
travel to greece
travel to africa
graduate with a master's in elementary education from unc?
teach elementary school?
get married?
have children?

one can only hope.

4 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lene, i loved every word+picture in this post.
    i love you.
    and am going to miss you way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad that you stayed up so late to finish this, but it is wonderful and so much fun!!! In a way I'm glad you stayed up to do it. Include in your next five years: spend plenty of time with Andrea Rebecca Winn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You've accomplished quite alot. Love the pictures, we'll see how the list goes in another five years :) I'm very excited for that sequel.

    ReplyDelete