6/23/12

june 23rd.

is my birthday.

midsummer in norway. the longest day of the year.

i love my birthday. so much. 

today (well, technically yesterday as of 2.5 hours ago) i turned 26.

i know that lately i've been barking about being single and desperately wanting a husband (if you've read between the not-so-subtle lines, you've gotten this message). but leave a girl my age with basically none but her thoughts to keep her company for 6 months and this is what you get. 

anyway, this is a happy post. 

there is an ancient (well, old) midsummer tradition that i have always wanted to uphold, and i decided that this year it was about time i did it. 

a young (hah) maiden would put seven different kinds of wildflowers under her pillow and sleep with them there on midsummer's night, and then she would dream about her husband. 

so. tonight it's my turn. 


sweet dreams. hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Happy Birthday, Lene! You deserve the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! You are awesome Lene, I hope your birthday was great!

    ReplyDelete