1/30/12

alumni.

obligatory graduation photo-ops.



the man himself.


...or alumn. yahoo answers on the difference were confusing to me. anyway. that's what i am. kinda. 

i walked for graduation in august 2011, and exclaim to everyone that will listen that i did actually graduate from byu. 

technically, though, i will not be a graduate (or alumni/alum) until april of this year (2012). 

although i had high hopes and expectations for myself this summer to finish the last class on my schedule - engl 340 (aka children's lit) - i failed. and then i set new hopes and expectations for the fall term (my washington dc student teaching - hah! as if i'd get anything done during that time), which i also failed.

and therefore i will be a 2012 graduate instead of 2011. but it's ok. no biggie. it's not like i need my diploma or a degree atm. (an update on my current whereabouts and endeavors to follow after i finish what i said i would blog about)

but done with byu i am. if not in the technical sense, then for sure in the social and emotional sense. and the physical sense. because i did finish my last class on campus during spring term 2011.

my very last class period was family finance with dr. i, which and who i loved/love. it ended with an amen - fitting for a 3.5 year byu career i think. 

it felt great. and somber at the same time. 

i have loved my time at byu so so much. so much. and i still love byu. i will coax all my children into going there, because i have a conviction that it makes for better people. i am who i am today because of my time at byu. (which people can make their own judgments about.)

it is impossible for me now to in a few lines explain my feelings for byu and my time there. i am sure (and hope) that i will in the future remember stories from byu that i can write a fun blog post about. 

this said. i felt very done with byu. and provo. it was time to move on (and i have probably alluded to this in a previous post), experience new things, places, and people. 

my time in happy valley was over. 

although i miss it at times now, i am happy to have moved on, and am grateful for the memories made there. 

before i left i wandered through campus and eternalized some special spots on camera. enjoy.


my view after leaving my office in the jkb - which i did daily.

coming out of the hfac, walking to the wilk, which was usually my destination after the hfac.

oh the hbll. probably didn't spend as much time there as i should have.

the bookstore was also a frequent destination of mine. too frequent. multiple hundreds of $ spent there.
the swkt. this angle was usually a sign that i was on my way home.
the y. like the north star of byu.



1 comment: